We hope you enjoy your new home! On this page, you can find useful tips for your move.
The time and day you, as the new tenant, gain access to your apartment depends on when the previous tenant moves out. The previous tenant has the right to return the keys by 10.00 on the next working day after the end of the tenancy. The apartment will then be inspected and cleaned if needed. The new tenant will be given access to the apartment at 14.00 on the same day.
If the last day of the month is a Friday, the previous tenant is not required to return the keys until the following Monday at 10.00. This means that you will gain access to the apartment at 14.00 on the same Monday.
If the previous tenant moves out and returns the keys early, you can get them on the last working day before the start of the tenancy.
Wasaborgsgränd 4 (Folkhälsanhuset Wasa)
You can get the keys to your apartment from the information desk in the building’s lobby.
The keys are managed by Lukkokeskus Vaasa. Once the rental agreement has been signed and the deposit paid, you can agree with Harry Schaumans Stiftelse when you go pick up the keys from Lukkokeskus Vaasa. HSS then informs Lukkokeskus Vaasa of what has been agreed. If you are unable to collect the keys yourself, you can authorise someone else to do so. The authorised person must present a written power of attorney when picking up the keys.
You must present the following documents when collecting the keys from Lukkokeskus Vaasa:
- ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, identity card)
- A printed valid rental agreement
- A printed receipt for the security deposit paid
Please note that documents or pictures of documents shown from a phone are not accepted.
Glimmervägen 1, 65300 Vasa (Stenhaga)
Tel. 06 319 5700
The apartment is rented in the condition it is in when the rental agreement is signed. Once you have received the keys to the apartment, you should check its condition carefully. We will send you a link to the inspection form.
- It is important for both your rights and ours to document the condition of the apartment thoroughly when you move in. This will ensure that you will not be held liable for any damage or deficiencies that existed in the apartment before the tenancy started. HSS, on the other hand, can prove that damage to or deficiencies in the apartment occurred during the tenancy, if necessary.
- Any damage or deficiencies in the apartment must be written down on the inspection form. Otherwise, you may lose your right to claim pre-existing damage if defects or deficiencies are discovered when you move out.
- It is recommended to attach photos of the apartment to the inspection form.
- Any measures required to deal with the damage and deficiencies listed on the form should be agreed separately.
- The inspection form must be returned within seven days of receiving the keys.
- The form must be returned even if you do not find any damage or deficiencies in the apartment. Otherwise, you are considered to have accepted the apartment as is, both in terms of condition and cleanness.
Please note that the above does not apply to Folkhälsanhuset Wasa (Wasaborgsgränd 4).
Electricity is not included in the rent, so make sure you have an electricity contract for your new home well in advance. You can sign an electricity contract with an energy company of your choice. Remember to sign the contract about two weeks before you move in!
Skolhusgatan 4 (Strandkvarnen) and Skolhusgatan 23 A (Solsidan)
The rent includes free internet access (50/50 Mbps). To activate the internet connection, you need to order it from JNT’s customer service. You also have the possibility to upgrade your internet speed at a low price through JNT’s customer service. If you experience any problems with your internet connection, please contact JNT.
Handelsesplanaden 23 (Libris)
The rent includes free internet access (50/50 Mbps). If you have any problems with the internet, please contact Elisa’s customer service.
Digital and Population Data Services Agency
You must always submit a move notification if you move permanently or stay temporarily at another address for more than three months. The earliest you can submit the notification is one month before your moving day. However, it must be received by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency no later than one week after the move. The notification of move must always be submitted to the agency.
Notification of move must be submitted to Posti well in advance. You can also order the Posti Relocate service, in which case your mail will be forwarded to your new address.
Please also remember to inform your electricity and insurance companies, telecommunications operator, bank, library, magazines you subscribe to, organisations, associations, relatives and friends of your move.
At Harry Schaumans Stiftelse, we make sure that the correct surname is displayed on your door’s name plate and on the notice board in the stairwell. We put on the sign and the board the surname of the person or persons listed as tenants in the rental agreement. Please let us know if you want to change the names.
HSS requires that, as a tenant, you agree to get home insurance and keep it active throughout the tenancy. Property insurances of housing cooperatives do not cover your moveable property or the costs of temporary accommodation.
Instructions on how to pay the rent and deposit can be found in the rental agreement. The rent must be paid by the 5th of the month.
The reference number of the rent payment is the same every month. Always remember to use the reference number to ensure that the payment is connected to the right account! We recommend that you order an e-invoice in your online bank when you are paying the rent for the first time. After that, a new rent invoice will be sent directly to your online bank each month.
HSS uses the Kodia system to manage rental agreements. The application can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS. The app can be found under the name Kodia. Your username is the email address listed in the rental agreement. You will receive an email with instructions on how to create a password. If there is no email address in the agreement, you can provide your email address to HSS to get access to the Kodia app.
The app allows you to manage your tenancy online, anytime and anywhere.
In the Kodia rental app you can
- View and update your personal data
- Review your rental agreement
- View future rent and other payments
- Receive announcements and notifications
- Send a message to your landlord
- Find general guidelines and other rules
- Terminate your tenancy