Are you moving out of your apartment? On this page you will find all the necessary information to make your move a smooth one.
- The rental agreement can be terminated either via the Kodia rental application or by email: email@example.com.
- Termination of tenancy cannot be done by phone!
- The notice period is one (1) full calendar month. The notice period is calculated from the last day of the month in which the notice is given. For example, if the rental agreement is terminated on 5 June, the lease will end on 31 July. In this case, the rent must be paid in July as well. Please remember to take this into account, especially if you terminate the rental agreement at the end of a month.
- Rent must be paid for the period of notice, even if you move out before the end of the rental agreement.
- The security deposit paid by the tenant cannot be used to pay the last month’s rent.
Termination via the Kodia rental app
- Log in to the website app.kodia.fi or the Kodia application.
- If you haven’t had the Kodia app before, you can download it from the Google Play Store or for iOS from the App Store. The application is available under the name Kodia. Your username is the email address mentioned in the rental agreement.
- If you have several rental agreements you want to terminate (e.g. an apartment and a parking space), select the right property for each agreement from the drop-down menu in the top bar.
- Terminate the rental agreement by pressing “electronic termination” for each individual agreement that you want to terminate.
Termination by email
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Address of the apartment or number of the parking space of which lease you want to terminate
- The end date of the rental agreement being terminated
- Bank account number for returning security deposit
- If the rental agreement is in the name of more than one person, each party must send a separate email to terminate the lease
- If there is more than one tenant in the rental agreement, all tenants must email a separate notice of termination.
- The landlord Harry Schaumans Stiftelse always confirms by email that the notice of termination has been received!
Once you have terminated the rental agreement, the apartment can be shown to interested applicants during the notice period.
With your permission, we will forward your contact details to interested applicants so that you can arrange a showing. It is also possible that we, as the landlord, show the apartment if we so agree.
When you are moving out, you as the tenant are responsible for the thorough cleaning of the apartment. The whole apartment must be cleaned well – including the balcony and storage spaces. The purpose of cleaning is not only to remove loose dirt, but also to clean any stains and grime that have accumulated in the apartment during your tenancy.
Here’s a useful checklist of what to look out for in the final clean.
- Clean the stove and oven thoroughly inside and out.
- Wash the cooker hood fan and grease filter.
- Carefully pull the stove away from the wall. Vacuum and clean the walls of the stove, the floor under it, the sides of the cabinets, and the back wall.
- Clean the oven trays.
- Wipe down the kitchen cabinets and drawers inside and out as well as carefully clean any stains.
- Empty, defrost, and thoroughly clean the fridge and freezer. Leave their doors open and power off.
- Wipe and clean the sink, worktop, and tiles.
Bathroom, toilet, and sauna
- Clean the shower space and walls.
- Wash the water taps and shower head.
- Clean the washbasin, mirror cabinet, and toilet bowl.
- Clean the tiles and grouts.
- Throughly clean all floor drains.
- Wash the sauna floor, benches, and walls.
- Empty all cabinets, wipe them and shelves both inside and out, and remove any stains.
- Clean the doors and door handles.
- Clean the walls and ceilings and remove stains.
- Wipe radiators and light switches and remove stains.
- Vacuum and damp wipe/wash the floors (depending on floor material), wipe the floor mouldings, and remove stains.
- Wash the windows inside, between and outside.
- Clean all windows (also between windows), frames, and sills.
- Reinstall any removed ceiling sockets.
- Clean the ventilation valves.
Other things to remember
- Empty the storage space.
- Clean your balcony.
- Remember your bike!
- Put a “No ads” sign on your mail slot (“Ei mainoksia” in Finnish).
- Landlord will order an extra cleaning if final cleaning is neglected. The cost will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Dishwasher and washing machine purchased by the tenant must be removed and the connections must be plugged to avoid possible water damage. If necessary, the maintenance company can help with plugging.
Keys must be returned by 10 a.m. on the next working day after the end of the rental agreement. For example, if the lease ends on a Saturday, the keys must be returned by 10 a.m. on Monday. You can return the keys earlier if you wish.
After that, we as the landlord will inspect the apartment and the new tenants can move in.
As a tenant, you are responsible for all the keys you receive. If all of them are not returned, you will be charged for changing the locks and/or for ordering new keys.
Keys are always returned to Lukkokeskus Vaasa:
Kiilletie 1 (Kivihaka)
Lukkokeskus is open
Keys are both picked up and returned in person at Lukkokeskus Vaasa during opening hours. You will always receive a receipt for the transaction. This allows Lukkokeskus Vaasa to maintain secure key management without any ambiguity. For this reason, Lukkokeskus Vaasa does not accept key returns by mail, for example.
If you leave the keys in the apartment, we will charge €50 for key collection.
After you return the keys, we will check the condition and cleanliness of the apartment before returning the security deposit. If the inspection reveals any problems with the cleanliness or condition of the apartment, we will contact you and ask you to clean the apartment again. Alternatively, we can hire a cleaning company to clean the apartment, in which case the cost will be deducted from the deposit.
If you have left belongings in the apartment or in the storage space while moving out, we will charge you €100 for taking them away.
Digital and Population Data Services Agency
You must always submit a move notification if you move permanently or stay temporarily at another address for more than three months. The earliest you can submit the notification is one month before your moving day. However, it must be received by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency no later than one week after the move. The notification of move must always be submitted to the agency.
Notification of move must be submitted to Posti well in advance. You can also order the Posti Relocate service, in which case your mail will be forwarded to your new address.
Please also remember to inform your electricity and insurance companies, telecommunications operator, bank, library, magazines you subscribe to, organisations, associations, relatives and friends of your move.
Harry Schaumans Stiftelse ensures that the name(s) are removed from the front door of the apartment and from the notice board in the stairwell.